White Sage Loose Leaves, Clusters
- Dry Smudging & Burning Sage
- Can be used to spiritually or as incense, to cleanse the home or surrounding area
- Researchers observed that a one-hour treatment of medicinal smoke (Havana Sámagri) in a closed room reduced airborne bacterial counts by over ninety-four percent.
- In India, most rituals include a sacred fire to which medicinal herbs and other materials are added as an offering.
- Havana sámagri is a mixture of wood and odoriferous and medicinal herbs burnt in the fire, accompanied by the chanting of Vedic mantras.
- For thousands of years, the rishis (saints) performed ceremonies or yagnas to purify the environment.
- The medicinal smoke, together with the vibrations that the mantras produce, creates positive effects in the surrounding atmosphere.
- This research has shown that the smoke from a variety of herbs is highly effective in reducing airborne bacteria. The smoke’s ability to purify and disinfect the air was maintained up to twenty-four hours.
- Many of the pathogenic bacteria had not returned to the same room, even after 30 days.
SCIENCE on MEDICINAL SMOKE:
White Alberta Sage (Whole Loose Leaves)-MEDICINAL SMOKE
Aside from the effects of burning sage, there are many other benefits.
Reset your mind and clear away all unwanted distractions with our aromatic white sage smudging leaves.
Exploring the Science
In 2006, a scientific paper titled Medicinal Smokes was published. The research reviewed information from 50 countries over 5 continents and found that, dating back to ancient times, smoke administered medicinally is typically used to aid lung, brain and skin function. In addition, it was found that the passive fumes doubled as an air purifier.
A follow-up paper examining the air purifying potentials of smoke-based remedies was published in 2007, in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology. It concluded that, in addition to health benefits, smudging was a powerful antiseptic.