Mucuna Pruriens-Paired with Yellow Vietnam Kratom
Mucuna Pruriens or Velvet Bean, is a bean that grows from trees and is very itchy to touch due to serotonin on its surface. It is a good source of L-DOPA, and contains some other molecules that may aid the benefits of L-DOPA.
Benefits of Mucuna pruriens
- Supports a healthy central & peripheral nervous system*
- Supports the body’s ability to handle stress*
- Is a natural source of levodopa (L-dopa)*
- Supports physical balance & posture*
- Promotes healthy motor skills & coordination*
- Improves energy & endurance*
- Supports the intellect*
- Bolsters libido*
- Revitalizes both the male & female reproductive systems*
Mucuna pruriens is useful in disorders of a tridoshic origin—those that involve vata, pitta, and kapha—but it is most balancing to vata and pitta.
Mucuna pruriens is a building herb, one that promotes muscle mass, body weight and can increase kapha in men.
Mucuna pruriens May Help with ADHD
It’s well-known that dopamine is important for focus. In one study of 85 children and teenagers with ADHD, a combination of Mucuna pruriens with vitamins, minerals, and other supplements (vitamin C, calcium citrate, vitamin B6, folate, L-lysine, L-cysteine, and selenium) improved symptoms in 77% of the cases, which is better than conventional drugs-The protocol and supplement combination used in this study was envisioned to naturally increase serotonin and dopamine in the brain. The contribution of Mucuna to the beneficial effects is unknown.
Velvet “magical” beans do contain some tryptamine compounds, which are well-known psychedelics. Their concentration is probably very low in most available supplements, though. In some animal studies, mucuna had mild hallucinogenic and sedative activity.
It’s possible that mucuna beans have a very mild relaxing and psychedelic effect, although at least proper animal studies are needed to confirm this.
- Some people report “dreamy” feelings from taking mucuna, but it’s unknown if mucuna actually has these properties, what its content of tryptamines and other psychoactive is, and what effects are possible, until more studies come out.
VELVET DREAM BLEND~Mucuna Pruriens & YellowVietnam Pairing
Known as the dopa bean, this natural herbal supplement is an adaptogen used in Ayurvedic medicine that lowers stress, improves focus, boosts the libido and elevates mood. Mucuna pruriens contains high levels of naturally occurring L-dopa, which is the precursor to dopamine.