- BOTANICAL NAME: Moringa olefera
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: INDIA
Moringa In traditional medicine: the leaves are used to treat several ailments including malaria, typhoid fever, parasitic diseases, arthritis, swellings, cuts, diseases of the skin, genito-urinary ailments, hypertension and diabetes. They are also used to elicit lactation and boost the immune system (to treat HIV/AIDS related symptoms), as well as cardiac stimulants and contraceptive remedy.
Moringa can also be used as a natural plant growth enhancer; the leaves are rich in zeatin and leaf extracts can stimulate plant growth and increasing crop yield. Moringa seed powder can be used for water purification, replacing dangerous and expensive chemicals such as aluminum sulfate.
- However, there is one downside: Moringa leaves may also contain high levels of antinutrients, which can reduce the absorption of OTHER minerals and proteins, so just don't over induldge!
- Moringa is a resistant and fast-growing small tree from India that has a long history in traditional Indian medicine Ayurveda. Its leaves could prevent up to 300 diseases!
- Scientific evidences prove the benefits of the moringa leaves
Abdull Razis AF, Ibrahim MD, Kntayya SB. Health benefits of Moringa oleifera. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15(20):8571-6. doi: 10.7314/apjcp.2014.15.20.8571. PMID: 25374169.
Mansour M, Mohamed MF, Elhalwagi A, El-Itriby HA, Shawki HH, Abdelhamid IA. Moringa peregrina Leaves Extracts Induce Apoptosis and Cell Cycle Arrest of Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Biomed Res Int. 2019 Jan 1;2019:2698570. doi: 10.1155/2019/2698570. PMID: 30713850; PMCID: PMC6332967.
Our products are of the highest quality but they have not been certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. Therefore, we have to specify that they cannot be sold for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. ALBERTABOTANICALS, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
MORINGA LEAVES C/S~ ORGANIC Ayurvedic SUPERFOOD!
TRADITIONAL USES OF MORINGA LEAVES
- All parts of Moringa oleifera are traditionally used for different purposes, but leaves are generally the most used.
- In particular, they are used in human and animal nutrition and in the traditional medicine.
- Leaves are rich in protein, mineral, beta-carotene and antioxidant compounds, which are often lacking among the populations of underdeveloped or developing countries.