*A Concentrated Powder Xtract* 35-40% Kavalactone Content
PAIN & ANXIETY RE-LEAF from KAVA KAVA Vanuatu Gold Root, thanks to the kavalactone compounds found in its basal & lateral roots.
- Kava has been used medicinally for hundreds if not thousands of years in Polynesia, Micronesia, and Hawaii, as well as a recreational beverage for relaxation and tension relief. It has proven, over thousands of years, that it has far more benefits than side effects, but it’s important to educate yourself about what exactly those are!
- The chemical compounds found in kava are believed to have anxiolytic, analgesic, muscle-relaxing and anticonvulsant effects, mediated by effects on the limbic system, the part of the brain linked to emotions. Research has demonstrated that several factors, including concentration, type of preparation, kava pyrone content and kava variety used may affect medicinal activity.
- Some studies into the effects of kava on the brain demonstrate that potentially, kava can benefit people who suffer from social anxiety and stress by calming them in a way similar to benzodiazepine medications such as Valium or Ativan, although we would never compare a natural dietary supplement’s effects to any prescription medication.
- While kavalactones (the class of active compounds in kava) reportedly affect the same pathways in the brain as Valium, kavalactones do not seem to impair your ability to think and reason clearly, nor do they make you drowsy if a small amount is taken. In clinical studies, about 70 to 210 mg of kava seem to be effective against social and general anxiety, while between 60-150 mg can help people overcome persistent insomnia.
- However, since one of the side effects of kava can be slight impairment of coordination and drowsiness at higher doses, we do recommend that you refrain from driving after taking kava in any form.
Kava Root vs. Kratom
- While we have learned a lot about kava, kratom is a similar herb with many of the same effects.
- Kava and Kratom are often compared since they both exude feelings of relaxation,
- But kratom is known more for boosting energy or calming the mind
- While kava is more known for its intoxicating, euphoric feelings.
Both grow in Southeastern Asia, and while kava comes from the root of the plant, kratom comes from the leaves and are often made into a tea referred to as kava tea or kratom tea.
Because they have different mechanisms of action, using both together has been found to offer more potent effects, particularly since both:
- Induce euphoria
- Promote feelings of contentment
- Improve alertness
- Reduce stress
Here’s how each stack up:
- Mildly intoxicating
- Improves mood, eases anxiety and boosts sociability
- Influences GABA receptors
- Stimulates dopamine receptors
- Comes from the root of the plant
- Works as a stimulant in small doses and a sedative in high doses
- Induces feelings of calm
- Stimulates the mu and delta opioid receptors
- Influences serotonin and norepinephrine receptors
- Comes from the leaves of the plant
KAVA KAVA GOLD ROOT~Xtract Powder
Side Effects and Dangers
Must be 18 years of age to purchase or to explore this website, please leave now if you are under the age of 18. For educational and research purposes only. Not for Human or animal use. Not for medicinal use. Not for aromatherapy(topical and inhalation). Not sold for incense. Not sold as a food. Not sold as a drug. Not a dietary supplement or natural health product and can be harmful if swallowed or inhaled. Handle with care. Please read our terms and conditions before buying.