Glycine: The Muscle-Building, Brain-Boosting Amino Acid
- An amino acid with a multitude of benefits for mind and body
- Enhances memory function and improves mood
- Supports muscle growth and repair, improves bone health and helps regulate blood sugar levels
Calms the Nerves and Feeds the Brain--Studies show glycine benefits cognitive performance and the central nervous system because of how it plays a role in the metabolic synthesis of certain nutrients that the brain and nerves use for energy.
One example is how it helps regulate nerve impulses throughout the body by balancing electrolyte levels, such as calcium, chloride and potassium.
- Is glycine good for anxiety? Yes; due to its role in both nerve and neurotransmitter functions, glycine can improve sleep, mental performance, bodily sensations, moods, memory and behaviors. For example, glycine works with other amino acids, including taurine and gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA), as an inhibitory neurotransmitter.
According to some research, glycine can be used to help lower symptoms in people suffering from conditions like ulcers, arthritis, leaky gut syndrome, diabetes, kidney and heart failure, neurobehavioral disorders, chronic fatigue & sleep disorders
Some of the many health benefits of glycine include:
- helping build lean muscle mass
- preventing sarcopenia (muscle loss, muscle wasting or deterioration)
- playing a role in the production of human growth hormone
- boosting mental performance and memory
- protecting skin from signs of aging or cellular mutations
- protecting collagen in joints and reducing joint pain
- improving flexibility and range of motion
- stabilizing blood sugar and lowering risk for type 2 diabetes
- improving sleep quality
- lowering inflammation and free radical damage by increasing glutathione production
- building the lining of the gastrointestinal tract
- producing bile salts and digestive enzymes
- helping reduce allergic and autoimmune reactions
- boosting energy levels and fighting fatigue, stress and anxiety
- helping produce red blood cells
*Suggestions are to NOT use more than 2 weeks at a time
As Always, please consult your doctor before ANY supplementation
Slows the Effects of Aging &
Reduce free radicals....
...Builds the Immune System
Glycine helps form glutathione, a valuable antioxidant that’s used to prevent cellular damage and various signs of aging.