A Yang Jing Tonic Herb
Eucommia bark is a highly revered "herb" in Chinese herbalism and was first mentioned over 2,500 years ago in the herbal classic Shennong Ben Cao Jing, listed next to ginseng as a superior tonic herb. It is used to strengthen the bones, ligaments and tendons, and has been used for centuries to help mend damage to these tissues, whether the damage is due to stress, age or trauma – or all three.
- Eucommia bark is also the primary tonic herb of choice to strengthen the lower back and knees. And it is very effective in lowering high blood pressure. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.
- In Traditional Chinese Medicine it is viewed as a potent Yang Jing tonic used to support the skeletal, reproductive and endocrine systems.
- Jing, one of the three treasures in Traditional Chinese Medicine, is viewed as the primordial life-force energy given to us at the time of our conception and is said to be stored in the kidneys, joints, ligaments, spinal column, neck and brain. As a Yang Jing tonic it has been shown to have positive effects on many of these bodily regions either directly or indirectly.
- Working with the kidney and liver organ systems, the teas or hot water extracts are a great supplement for those with....
- Symptoms of kidney Yang deficiency, which may include low energy, sensation of coldness, weakness and lethargy.
- It is sweet, warm and bitterly pungent in nature, which makes it easily absorbed and suitable for most people.
- Tonifying to kidney Yang functions, it is said to increase mental power and creativity as well as strengthen the will.
- Eucommia is used as a tonic to be used for a prolonged period of time on a consistent basis, ideally in herbal formulations specific to one's health diagnosis and goals.
- The bark cannot be eaten in its raw state but must go through a hot water extraction process, either by simmering the dried material in water as a liquid tea or by concentrating it into a powdered hot water extract. It can also be prepared as a tincture in alcohol.
These preparation techniques are necessary to release the health enhancing compounds for consumption as an herbal supplement.
Eucommia Bark~Chinese Herbalism
I add a bit of this bark to a mixture of distilled H20 & coconut milk...bring to boil...then let simmer.
Be sure to add in some Citric Acid-it allows for the release of the health compounds you are seeking :)
I then add some...
- black salt
PRO TIP: You can make enough for a couple days and keep in fridge for easy access, but don't make too much--better FRESH.
YOU will see the difference in just days of using this Wonderous Tree's Bark.