Echinacea & Goldenseal Liquid Extract ~ Alcohol Free~15ml or 25ml Dropper bottle
Echinacea and Goldenseal are a very popular combination of herbs...What these two herbs have in common is that they are effective at supporting and promoting short-term immune functions. Echinacea and Goldenseal combines two traditional wellness herbs that together work synergistically inside the body.
~~USE this time-tested duo in liquid extract form ~ for You & your FAMILIES Health~~
This Echinacea and Goldenseal Liquid Extract is made using alcohol, water and natural extractants.
All alcohol and extractants are then removed through a proprietary cold extraction process, yielding a liquid extract. The result? An easy, convenient way to get these herbs daily-alcohol free!
- Echinacea Extract (Echinacea angustifolia) (root)
- Echinacea Extract (Echinacea purpurea) (aerial)
- Goldenseal Extract (Hydrastis canadensis) (root)
- *Other ingredients: Vegetable Glycerin, Purified Water
Directions: As an herbal supplement, take 1-2 mL (approx. 14-26 drops) 1-2 times a day in a small amount of water. For short term use up to 5 days Do not exceed the recommended serving size.
1. Blumenthal, M., et al, The Complete German Commission E Monogrpahs: Therapeutic Guide to Herbal Medicines / CD version (1998) American Botanical Council, Austin, Texas. 2. Henneicke-von Zepelin H, et al, Curr Med Res Opin (1999) 15(3):214-27. 3. Brinkeborn RM, Shah DV, Degenring FH, Phytomedicine (1999) 6(1):1-6. 4. Coeugniet E, Kuhnast R, Therapiewoche (1986) 36:3352–58. 5. Rehman J, et al, Immunol Lett (1999) 68(2-3):391-5. 6. Yarnell E, Alternative and Complementary Therapies (1997) October: 350-354. 7. Sun LZ, Currier NL, Miller SC, J Altern Complement Med (1999) 5(5):437-46. 8. Thompson KD, Antiviral Res (1998) 39(1):55-61. 9. Snow JM, Protocol J Botan Med (1997) 2:18-24. 10. Hobbs C. Echinacea: A Literature Review. Special Supplement to Herbalgram #30 (1994):33-46. 11. Blumenthal, M., et al, The Complete German Commission E Monogrpahs: Therapeutic Guide to Herbal Medicines / CD version (1998) American Botanical Council, Austin, Texas. 12. Blumenthal, M., et al, The Complete German Commission E Monogrpahs: Therapeutic Guide to Herbal Medicines / CD version (1998) American Botanical Council, Austin, Texas. 13. Rehman J, et al, Immunol Lett (1999) 68(2-3):391-5. 14. Gentry EJ, et al, J Nat Prod (1998) 61(10):1187-93. 15. Sun DX, Abraham SN, Beachey EH, Antimicr Agents Chemother (1988) 32:1274–77. 16. Rehman J, et al, Immunol Lett (1999) 68(2-3):391-5.
Echinacea w/ Goldenseal Root-Liquid Extract
As a general immune stimulant, Echinacea should be taken three times daily for a total daily dose of 900 mg. It is recommended that continuous use of Echinacea should not exceed 8 weeks.
Goldenseal serving size
The recommended dose is 250–500 mg three times daily, of a Goldenseal root extract standardized to provide 12% alkaloids. Goldenseal root capsules, tablets, or tinctures can be used in amounts of 3–4 grams per day. Please note that Goldenseal should not be taken in too large a dose or for too long a period of time since its alkaloids are eliminated quite slowly from the body.
Echinacea & Goldenseal together
Besides the fact that both Echinacea and Goldenseal have immunomodulatory effects, is there any special advantage to using them both together—aside from the fact that they have been traditionally used in combination? The answer, is yes.
In one animal study, the antigen-specific immunomodulatory potential of continuous treatment with Echinacea and Goldenseal root extract over a period of 6 weeks. The Echinacea-treated group showed a significant improvement in their primary and secondary IgG response, whereas the Goldenseal -treated group showed an increase in the primary IgM response during the first 2 weeks of treatment.
... So what does this mean in layman’s terms? Just this: Echinacea and Goldenseal works by different mechanism to enhance immune function, so their concurrent use is not redundant. In fact, their concurrent use in a combination formula might be expected to provide a greater overall immune response than just using one herb alone.