There are so many kinds of lip balm/gloss out there, but it can be hard to find just the right one. What’s the solution? Make your own, of course!
It’s surprisingly simple to whip up a batch of lip balm or tinted gloss that’s perfectly customized to your…taste.
All you really need is a base of beeswax/oil, a flavor, and a tint, and you’re done! But your kit to Make Your Own Lip Blam will contain....
What The Kit Includes:
- 5 Empty Lip Balm Containers
- 5 Empty Lip Gloss Containers (type 1)
- 5 Empty Lip Gloss Containers (type 2)
- Beeswax w/ Cera Bellina
- Tiny Funnel
- Diamond Dust Mica
- Colored Mica (your choice)-pink-gold-biege-rose-vilolet
- Essential Oil (your choice)-leave note as to choice, I'm sure I have it :)
- Gift Box (while supplies last)
- Sample lip applicators (while supplies last)
- Use your own coconut/olive/grapeseed oil FROM HOME
The basic recipe will create a lip balm that is firm to the touch, but that softens upon contact with your lips – perfect for filling tubes. If you want a softer and gloss version, reduce the amount of beeswax by 1/3 and add a tiny bit more of the liquid oil. This recipe is VERY easy to alter to suit your needs and the ingredients that you have on hand, so feel free to play around with it!
DIY- LipBalm/LipGloss Kit
Fun to do, just be careful if with kids, mixture will be hot when taken out of microwave-
In a microwave-safe container (I use a glass Pyrex measuring cup), melt the beeswax, tallow, and coconut oil in 30-second increments, stirring well after each one.
Stir in the essential oil or flavor oil or both!
Remove a few tsps into a smaller glass bowl and add your choice of COLORED Mica, stir until incorporated, then return this mixture to original bowl.
Melt in microwave more if needed.
Carefully pour into pots or tubes and allow to cool before using.