Cilantro is a popular herb popular around the globe that resembles flat leaf parsley at first glance, but at first sniff, transports you to the Mediterranean, Mexico, Asia, and India.
This versatile herb is used in everything from guacamole and salsa, to curries, noodle dishes, and chimichurri sauces of Argentina. Not only does this flavorful, bright herb have unlimited culinary applications, but surprisingly to many people cilantro benefits the body and has many known healing properties.
1. Rids the Body of Heavy Metals
2. Protects Against Oxidative Stress
3. Lowers Anxiety and Improves Sleep
4. Lowers Blood Sugar Levels
5. Protects Against Cardiovascular Disease
6. Prevents Urinary Tract Infections
7. Settles Digestive Upset
8. Protects Against Food Poisoning
9. Supports Healthy Menstrual Function
10. Prevents Neurological Inflammation
11. Protects Against Colon Cancer
12. Soothes Skin Irritations
Cilantro uses food - Leaves & Seeds:
- One of the reasons that cilantro is so unique is due to its versatility. While green and leafy, it brings a fresh, nearly citrusy flavor to foods. Once it flowers, it produces the seeds, and the flavor of the leaves intensify, plus the coriander seeds that it yields contain their own health benefits.
- While still citrusy in nature, coriander has a warm, almost nutty flavor, making it the perfect complement for pickling, sausages, breads, and it is one of the central spices in Garam Masala.
Cilantro is very low in saturated fat and cholesterol, and the caloric value is nearly nonexistent. It is a good source of dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, E, K, calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium.
- Just a ¼ cup of fresh cilantro provides 270 IU of Vitamin A, and 16% of the daily value recommended of vitamin K.
- The vitamin K and calcium content of cilantro help to build strong bones, teeth, and hair.
- Cilantro is considered the “anti-diabetic” plant in some parts of Europe, and research shows that it helps to lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, supports healthy cardiovascular function, and much more.
Article from from: https://draxe.com/cilantro-benefits/
CILANTRO LEAVES C/S
So Good for You!
Cilantro has been used for thousands of years to treat digestive upset, gas, fungal and bacterial infections, and to prevent food poisoning. Some studies show that it can help to lower blood sugar, and even kill parasites in the digestive tract.