Celery Seed / Apium graviolens Health Benefits as in Traditional Medicine:
Traditional Health Benefits of Celery
- As diuretic that helps to relieve excess water and salts through urination.
- Celery is used to help treat kidney and gall bladder stones.
- Used for stomach problems such as flatulence, indigestion and as purgative.
- Used as emmenagogue that encourages menstrual blood flow,
- Used as an antidote for poisoninig.
- Used as treatment for edema or widespread swelling of the skin due to fluid retention.
- Used for the treatment of colic babies.
- Used in controlling hypertension.
- Decoction of seeds used for bronchitis and asthma.
- Decoction of seeds also used in India for liver and spleen diseases.
- Used as invigorating and stimulating preparation that is intended for a medicinal purpose
- Celery seed infusions used for rheumatoid arthritis and gout.
- Celery roots used as aphrodisiac.
Celery Herb Warnings and Side Effects:
- Celery when consumed in food quanity is considered safe
- In large dozes, pure celery juice can be a purgative and may cause pregnancy abortion.
- Do not take in large quanitity if you have a kidney disorder.
- May cause allergic reactions such as swelling, hives, shortnesss of breath and potentially fatal shock.
- Consumption of large quantity of celery seed oil may cause central nervous system problems.
- Consumption of large dosage may cause diarrhea and upset stomach.
- May affect diuretic medications or any blood thinning medicines. Consult your doctor.
CELERY SEEDS~ ORGANIC
Celery Herbal Preparation and Usage
Celery Herbal Medicine Preparations, Usage and Side Effects:
Celery juice. Fresh celery stalks and leaves can be mixed with other vegetable and fruits in a food prcessor or blending machine. Taken once a day to boost immunity and overall health.
Celery Tea: Mix one teaspoon of dried celery seeds and leaves to a cup of water, boil for 10 minutes. Can be taken three times a day. until conditon improves. Celery tea is taken as relaxant, gout and rheumatism treatment, diuretic and others.
- Celery roots can be mixed with soups or as in salads to boost fertility and sex drive.
Celery seed can be taken naturally as fresh or as dried seeds but they tend to be bitter and difficult to swallow. You could Specially prepared celery tablets or capsules.
We have available (coming soon) a celery seed extract in tincture form. MESSAGE US-TO BE ON THE LIST firstname.lastname@example.org