WILD (MILKY) OAT SEED (Avena sativa)
- Powerful Herbal Extract
- 1000mg Avena Sativa Extract
- Gluten-free & non-GMO
WILD (Milky) Oat Seed (Avena sativa) 1000 mg QCE fresh (1:1) OR 250 mg QCE dry (1:4)
- Distilled water
- Certified Organic alcohol
WHAT IT DOES: Wild (Milky) oat seed is sweet in taste, nutritive, and calming. It restores strength and energy to the nervous system when exhausted. It also can be used to reduce craving for tobacco and drugs.
Wild (Milky) oat seed is a mild but reliable remedy for strengthening the entire nervous system after periods of prolonged stress. The seed is harvested when it becomes milky. Growers must squeeze the seeds each day until the milky juice oozes out, which only occurs for 5-8 days.
- It is used to treat nervous debility, stress, weak nerve force, anxiety, depression and the accompanying exhaustion, and general fatigue. A chief virtue of milky oat seed is its extreme tolerability by otherwise highly sensitive patients who have difficulty withstanding treatment with stronger tonic herbs. It seems to exert an immediate effect (necessary when people exhibit extreme anxiety and nervousness) as well as a long-term strengthening benefit.
- Combined with scullcap, which has stronger sedative action. These 2 plants have seen many people through severely stressful periods, and have helped many more avoid resorting to stronger Western medications. It is safe for use by everyone.
INTERESTING: Oat straw has a reputation in men’s health as a sexual performance enhancer. More recent studies have shown oat straw can improve cognitive performance as well.
MORE ON THIS WONDEROUS PLANT!
- Oat Seed Extract, also known as Avena Sativa, Oats Milky Seed, or Oatstraw, this incredible herb is known as one of the most nourishing tonics for overall health and wellbeing. It has been said to increase brain power, memory, and concentration as well as combat fatigue, stress and calm the nerves.
- Additionally oat extract can significantly reduce LDL Cholesterol levels, promoting heart health. Said to be a sedative, Oat extract can be useful in the treatment of depression, anxiety, and insomnia. All without negative side effects!
- Known as the “Natural Viagra” studies have shown that oat extract is a natural aphrodisiac, and increases sexual interest and function especially aiding in the cure of erectile dysfunction in men. A wonderful restorative herb that treats a variety of ailments!
“Avenae herba (oat herb)” Commission E Herbal Monograph 15.10.1987. #193.
Moccetti T., Wullschleger C., Schmidt A., Aydogan C., Kreuter M.H. “Bioactivity-based development of a wild green oat (Avena sativa L.) extract in support of mental health disorders” Zeitschrift für Phytotherapie 2006; 27 - P24
Campbell-Atkinson F. Hildegard of Bingen 1098-1179 "The Sybil of the Rhine." European Journal of Herbal Medicine. 2004
Nie L., Wise M.L., Peterson D.M., Meydani M. “Avenanthramide, a polyphenol from oats, inhibits vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and enhances nitric oxide production.” Atherosclerosis. 2006
WILD OAT SEED ~ Tincture (Avena sativa)
How does Wild Oat feel?
- Most neurohackers report that supplementing with wild oat seeds/straw extracts increase energy levels and libido.
- Others report more mental clarity, less anxiety, and an overall sense of well-being.
- Men say it increases libido and morning wood.
Herbalist David Winston, who maintains a fabulous private herbal medicine library, reports that wild milky oat seed was used extensively by Eclectic physicians, and he mentioned finding a pamphlet detailing its use for treating morphine addiction as far back as the 1880’s.
European herbalists have also traditionally used it to treat opium addiction (Jack, 1971). Numerous studies serve to substantiate, at least partially, claims of the herb’s usefulness in addiction control, including its effectiveness as an aid for smoking cessation.
Although the research done so far is sparse, the clinical results I have seen remain impressive.