Alum stone is a potassium-rich mineral extracted from a rock. It is white in color and resembles a crystal.
Alum mines are mostly found in South America and Asia, particularly in Egypt, historically....the Romans mined it in from desserts west of the Nile River and were believed to have used alum in a number of ways....
It’s prime use back then, though, was solely to purify drinking water.
Bakers in 18th century England used alum in ample quantity to make their loaves of bread appear whiter and thus sell faster.
- Many users report alum stone as having no smell at all.
- It often is diluted with rosewood or coconut oil to create a pleasing smell.
- Effective product against bad odors, regulates sweats from the feet and armpits.
- Some--Apply the powder with wet cotton pads and rub on the parts to be treated.
- Can be used in INCENSE recipes also:)
The best way to use it is to cut a small piece and then powder it to a fine consistency. If taken internally (consult your doctor).. it needs to be diluted properly, as a little of this compound can go a long way.
ALUM~ (Piedra Alumbre)
Some use this stone...
ALUM Prosperity Incense
Stone of Alumbre -to bring POSITIVE ENERGY INTO THE HOME.