In short kratom is a safe, inexpensive and legal plant you can take to treat anxiety, pain, depression, boost productivity and more. Also known as Mitragyna Speciosa, kratom is a deciduous plant native to Southeast Asia (mostly Indonesia) that hits mainly on the delta receptors in the brain. Although it behaves similar to a μ-opioid receptor, it's not an opiate. This means much milder effects than any opioid, but is also much safer.
I’m not going to hide the fact that you can become addicted to kratom. It’s certainly possible with heavy daily usage. The good thing is it can be easily avoided through keeping tolerance low by rotating strains and other accessible options like washouts (article coming soon).
Stimulating types for increasing Energy, Motivation, & Productivity. These are White or Thai strains often called 'Maeng Da'
The effects can range anywhere between Fast and Slow types. These are generally Green and Indo strains
Mood Boosting and Relaxing types best for helping things like Anxiety or Pain. These are your Bali, Borneo or Red strains
Benefits of all types
- Has been used to help anxiety & depression
- Combats withdrawals from suboxone, tramadol, etc.
- Attitude & Mood boosting
- Manages pain
- Lowers blood pressure
- Suppresses appetite
- Helps treat PE
How to take it
- Toss & Wash- Toss it in, take a big sip of water, mix it around then down the hatch. Tricky but efficient once you get used to it
- Mix with Water or Juice- Stir well since it doesn’t dissolve easily
- Make Tea Out of it- This is the most time consuming way but a lot of people stand by it. Just boil the powder in a pot for several minutes then strain the water to remove it. Coffee filters can work too.
What you need to know..
The most important thing you need to know is that the quality of kratom can vary a lot, and not a lot of vendors (especially smoke shops) supply kratom that actually works like it should. This is part why kratom is unknown, since many end up writing it off from a poor experience.
Recommended below is one of if not the best vendor I’ve tried so far- but let me know if you find some contenders. Whether or not you use my recommendation, it’s a good idea to end up trying others overtime to help better compare.
- Avoid extracts- Skyrockets your tolerance. Regular kratom is a powder while extracts are sold in a liquid form.
- Avoid kratom capsules- If you prefer to use capsules to avoid the taste, better to end up doing it yourself than having to pay extra for it.
- Side effects- If you take too much, there is potential for nausea. Most often taking too much means you’ll become a bit drowsy.